- Global Action on Climate Change
Climate Change Act 2008
Like the UK, many other countries are proceeding with national legislation to tackle climate change.
But greenhouse gas emissions have global consequences, regardless of where they come from. Tackling climate change therefore requires coordinated action by nations around the world. The UK and the EU are party to international legislation that aims to achieve this.
- Meeting Carbon Budgets – 2013 Progress Report to Parliament
This is our fifth statutory report to Parliament on progress towards meeting carbon budgets. In it we consider the latest data on emissions and their drivers, and we assess progress developing new policies which are required in order to reduce emissions. The report includes assessment at the level of the economy, the non-traded and traded sectors, the key emitting sectors and the devolved administrations.
- Chapter 6: Progress reducing emissions from agriculture
Introduction and key messages
1. Agricultural emissions: trends and drivers
2. Progress against indicators
3. Incentives to reduce agricultural emissions – the policy framework
4. Land use, land use change and forestry